Thursday, April 16, 2020

Remote Learning: Permission to Feel

I'm hooked on Brené Brown's Unlocking Us podcast. I listen to it as I walk my dog throughout my neighborhood. I'm sure my dog appreciates the exercise, but I'm finding myself logging several miles as I listen before realizing that I need to return home.

In her most recent episode, Brené welcomes Dr. Marc Brackett to discuss his book, Permission to Feel, and the significance of emotional literacy in learning, decision making, health, and more. This episode resonated with me as my eyes were opened to the importance of social-emotional learning after briefly serving as Interim Principal at Split Rock last year. I hope it resonates with you as well.  Listen Here


Dr. Marc Brackett has dedicated his life to studying emotions and to teaching us what he’s learning. In this episode, we talk about how emotional literacy – being able to recognize, name, and understand our feelings – affects everything from learning, decision making, and creativity, to relationships, health, and performance.