Rethink Your Traditional Pedagogy
- cut some content/activities that don't lend themselves to remote learning (lecture, traditional worksheets)
- curate different types of content (memes, video content, other multimedia)
- organize content/activities in a "chunk" of time like a week
- design activities that leverage meaningful instructional technology tools so that students can integrate the content you have curated to create something or collaborate with peers to demonstrate mastery of the content.
- Engage: A "hook"
- Explore: Pre-knowledge
- Explain: Direct instruction
- Apply: Student-centered tasks to demonstrate learning
- Share: Presenting to a wider audience (i.e. peers, public) and getting feedback
- Reflect: Introspection
- Extend: Enrichment or remediation